RESUME – DOUG GOULDEN
Doug Goulden combines more than 27 years of experience in consulting with operational experience in healthcare to bring unique insights to his clients. His experience managing comprehensive healthcare consulting engagements is a significant benefit to his clients. His expertise includes integrating and translating market-based demand analysis, physician alignment, operations improvement, facility asset distribution and financial planning into actionable plans.
Doug’s work for clients includes:
- Strategic and business planning
- Market and financial feasibility studies for hospitals and healthcare services
- Assisting with mergers, acquisitions, and affiliation strategies
- Developing hospital and health system service line strategies
- Board of directors, senior leader, and physician retreat planning
- Supporting the creation of ACOs and CINs, and optimizing their performance
- Providing expert advice on healthcare business arrangements
- Medical staff development plans
- Strengthening physician-hospital alignment
- Hospital-physician business arrangements and deal structuring
- Facility Master Plans
- Market research and competitive intelligence
Prior to founding Capital Healthcare Planning, Doug was a Manager in the consulting practice of Deloitte & Touche where he helped develop their strategic facility planning service nationally. Other experience includes leading the development of a physician practice management company. During his service the organization grew from a single specialty (orthopedics) with 24 physicians to a multi-specialty group serving 70 physicians in nine disciplines.
Doug holds an MBA from Texas A&M University Mays School of Business and an undergraduate in Architecture with an emphasis on healthcare from Texas A&M. He is a member of the Society for Healthcare Strategy and Marketing.
A long time Houston resident, Doug enjoys playing poker, traveling and spending time with his family.