RESUME – COLE RASMUSSEN
Cole Rasmussen is a Senior Consultant with Capital Healthcare Planning who captures value for his clients by leveraging a diverse background in hospital finance and strategy, venture capital, and impact investing. Cole has led teams responsible for over $250 million in operational savings as well as spearheaded benchmarking and process improvement initiatives across 23 hospitals and 180 clinics. Cole also brings experience analyzing and recommending investment in top-tier healthcare and socially impactful companies for two venture capital funds.
Cole is passionate about progress and innovation. He enjoys helping his clients identify and manage risk to successfully navigate the unknown. Cole’s relevant experience includes:
- Operational finance and strategy consulting for Intermountain Healthcare
- Developed and helped implement staffing grids, master schedules, and labor productivity dashboards across nursing floors, surgical services, and emergency departments
- Successfully managed the roll-out of a new electronic health record
- Coordinated a system-wide statistical reporting overhaul while maintaining budgetary integrity
- Researched and recommended investment in companies within industries ranging from pharmaceuticals to African agriculture to renewable energy
Cole holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Brigham Young University and a Master’s of Business Administration from the University of Utah. He enjoys traveling, playing tennis, and spending time with his family.